John King joins The Australian Panel
Published 1 May 2002
- The Australian Government has appointed John King, Chairman of the New Zealand Takeovers Panel, to the Australian Takeovers Panel.
- Senator Ian Campbell, Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer announced the appointment earlier this year.
- The aim is to promote greater cooperation across Australian and New Zealand regulatory regimes and to foster business relationships between the two countries.
- John King’s appointment follows Australian Takeovers Panel member, Denis Byrne, becoming a member of the New Zealand Panel in December.
- Commerce Minister Paul Swain welcomed the appointments as reflecting the increasing integration of the New Zealand and Australian business sectors in the broader context of CER.