This privacy notice applies to personal information collected on the Takeovers Panel website: www.takeovers.govt.nz
Personal information collected via this website is used only for the purposes for which it is gathered. Except where the Panel is required by law to disclose certain information, we will not use or disclose any personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
If you choose to use this website to provide your contact details to subscribe to updates from the Panel, your personal information will be collected by a third party service provider, using its proprietary software, and acting on behalf of the Panel. That third party service provider is MailChimp. Subscription to updates is optional and users can unsubscribe at any time.
The Panel may also collect statistical information about your visit to help improve the site. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the website;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site;
- your operating system (eg, Windows, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer); and
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
If you believe information held about you is inaccurate or out of date, or you would like to be removed from the Panel's mailing list or similar service, please contact us at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to correct or update that information or remove your name.